Storyline360, Animation and GSAP ( Greensock )
Trying to figure something out in SL360 i stumbled upon the ds-bootstrap.min.js file thats added to the lib/scripts folder when publishing a Storyline360 file. In that file are GSAP(Greensock) references... some samples..
* VERSION: 1.11.8
* DATE: 2014-05-13
* UPDATES AND DOCS AT: http://www.greensock.com
* @license Copyright (c) 2008-2014, GreenSock. All rights reserved.
* This work is subject to the terms at http://www.greensock.com/terms_of_use.html or for
* Club GreenSock members, the software agreement that was issued with your membership.
* @author: Jack Doyle, email@example.com
What i can find in that file that both GSAP CSS-plugin, easing and basic GSAP tweens are somehow used in Storyline.
Bad news however is that its a really old version they have implemented... from 2014... version 1.11.8, whereas the current GSAP version is version 3.5.1 !!!
Big advantages of the newer GSAP are mobile performance, speed and perfect control over SVG. So Storyline would certainly benefit from updating their internal used Storyline to the latest version.
As Storyline probably uses GSAP for all its animation features, the transitions and everything, i personally would really like it to have the control of GSAP in the hands of the frontend-user. I do use GSAP constantly in my elearning projects, but always have to add the newest version..
Is there an option to get the latest version of GSAP implemented in Storyline?
And can we have some better scripted control over Storyline elements...as you do use it already anyway?