9 Replies
Joe Hauglie

If the SL error occurs only when you are trying to publish to SCORM, you may have something going on within your particular file. So I would open a support case to see whether the Articulate alchemists can determine the underlying issue(s).

If the SL error is occurring at other (random) times, it's probably not related to publishing. I would test this by opening and publishing random SL files, and see whether the error occurs; then create a new story file and import your troublesome one. If the error occurs, then I'd throw the white flag and call for Articulate support.

Good luck!

Luciana Piazza

Hi Stephanie!

So sorry to hear you're running into a snag with Publishing your Storyline 360 project. Happy to help!

I've created a support case on your behalf. One of our talented Support Engineers will be in touch with you via email shortly. I've shared the details of your post, so they are in the loop!

In the meantime, I'd like to share this article on Publishing and Sharing Content within Storyline 360 and walk you through the steps for LMS/LRS Distribution: 

1. First, publish your course for LMS/LRS distribution.
  2. Then, click the Zip option on the Publish Successful dialog and upload the zip file to your LMS/LRS.
  3. Finally, invite learners to your LMS/LRS to take the course.

Have a great day and happy developing! 

Stephanie Taylor

Hi Luciana,

Thanks for your message.  I've published other modules to Scorm 1.2 with no issues, it's just this particular module that is creating challenges.  Our program consists of 6 modules - 5 published easily and 1 just won't.  I hope the Support Engineers can help!

Stephanie Taylor

***UPDATE***

I think I've isolated the issue...I started a process of elimination of seeing if the issue was caused by an embedded video, interaction or audio file.  It appears that by eliminating an embedded video, the file would publish!  So, I created a new file, deleted that embed code, copied it across again and it worked! Thank you everyone for your suggestions and help.