47 Replies
Joshua Kamradt

Not to be rude, but there are 10 posts from "staff" saying they are considering this, in some form.  Is the statement, "We appreciate everyone taking the time to share whats important" just a canned response?  Two years now... I do not *feel* like this is really being given any thought by Articulate.

Joshua Kamradt

I believe that is what they are talking about, @Aly.  

We all just want a way to import SVGs without having to do it through PPT.  The support for SVG is clearly there... we just want to make the use of it much more efficient and convenient.  Repeated Feature Requests have been either deemed as unnecessary, or unimportant, since nothing has been addressed beyond the, "Thank you for your input."

Articulate is an awesome software suite, and I have no plans to abandon it, but it would be really nice if they would just give us some of the features we have been requesting for years now.

Aly Summers

It does convert them to PNGs but for whatever reason it works when regular PNGs don't. I have no idea why this is the case.

I import PNG's that are high resolution, and they appear blurry in the course when scaled in various browsers - even when not scaled in Chrome. When I jump through the crazy SVG/PPT hoops, even though it converts them to PNGs in Storyline, they scale just fine and appear crystal clear. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Luke Geach

It has been over two years since the original post, the only real solution I have found is to build any course that heavily uses SVG's in captivate instead, as that has had support for some time. You can even edit colours and sizes on the fly of SVG's within a course.

Articulate really need to address this as I am less and less turning to their toolset.

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Mikael and Luke,

We took a step in the direction to fill this need with the following ability:

Importing SVG Images from PowerPoint

The ability to natively use SVGs in Storyline is still a feature that we are tracking and this conversation is linked to the report so that we can share updates with you here.

Mikael Sundberg

When do you think it works to import native? We will start a 3 year project. I want to use Storyline 360 but the project requires us to import lots of SVG files. Solving it via PowerPoint would be time consuming. If I understand correctly, do colors change when we import from PowerPoint to SL360?

Is there no other way to import vector images so they keep in quality?

T P

I am experiencing the same issue as Dave. Many SVG components do not display at all after importing them from a PowerPoint. If they do end up displaying, many times it looks something like this. The only way I am able to import an SVG from PowerPoint into Articulate 360 Storyline is if the SVG is only using one layer and solid colours (no gradients). This makes importing SVG files from PowerPoint to Storyline much less valuable as it stands now.

SVG image in PowerPoint vs. Articulate 360 Storyline

Diarmaid Collins
Tyler P

I am experiencing the same issue as Dave. Many SVG components do not display at all after importing them from a PowerPoint. If they do end up displaying, many times it looks something like this. The only way I am able to import an SVG from PowerPoint into Articulate 360 Storyline is if the SVG is only using one layer and solid colours (no gradients). This makes importing SVG files from PowerPoint to Storyline much less valuable as it stands now.

SVG image in PowerPoint vs. Articulate 360 Storyline

Hi Tyler,

I know exactly how frustrating SVG import is, but I have kind of gritted my teeth and adapted it for my projects and I guess it's probably a change in mindset that is needed in order to 'make it work'.

What you are seeing right there is exactly what I get - whatever lovely coloured SVG shapes that I have exported from Illustrator into Powerpoint (and look perfect in PPT) are then rendered as flat white shapes (or whatever the default on the project is) upon initial import into SL360.

It's not ideal but it is what it is. I guess the change in perception thing come from trying not to expect to get exactly what you required, but rather realise that you now have the shape 'information' successfully imported. You can recreate all the fill and stroke information within Storyline.

It's a pain, I know, and if Storyline was also able to import Adobe ASE files (colour swatches) and/or allow us to save bespoke gradients, etc, easily, then the process would be a lot more manageable.