Swipe Feature in Storyline 360

May 07, 2018

Hello,

I am on the trial version of Articulate 360, so I am learning the new features.  I converted a Storyline 2 course which had some slides with the next button activated upon clicking on the boxes first.  I noticed that when you add a swipe option for tables, swipe does not recognize that the progression to the next slide has been restricted.  I do not see any triggers that would relate to swipe.  Is there anything I am missing?

Thank you for your advice. Anna

9 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hey Anna!

Are you using a custom next button on that slide, or the built-in next button?

If you're using the built-in button, then the trigger to restrict the next button should also restrict the swipe.

If you can share a sample of your file with me, I'll take a closer look at the set-up. Thanks for reaching out!

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Leslie,

It looks like we did not hear back from Anna above, but I'd be glad to help you out.

Are you experiencing an issue with the swipe feature working on a mobile device, even when there is no swipe trigger on the slide?

We do have an open issue that our team is taking a look at, so let me know if I need to add you to the report as we track user impact.

Anna Sompolska

Sorry for not responding.  I am using custom made buttons.  The forward button is disabled until the user clicks on all the images on the page.  If I don't remove swipe, users are able to swipe to move forward without clicking on the images.  I guess this is the only option to remove the swipe as the swipe is not listed in the list of triggers options.

Becca Levan

Hello Anna,

I'm happy to return with some exciting news! 🗞

Storyline 360 Update 51 is here, and it introduces several features and bug fixes! Here's the item you'll be interested in:

Fixed: Learners could swipe on mobile devices to move between slides even when navigation was restricted, and swipe gestures were turned off.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application—details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions or reach out to our Support Engineers directly!

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Leslie.

I have exciting news to share!
We just released another update for Storyline 3. In the latest build (3.13.26122.0), we’ve included important fixes and new features.

One of the fixes we’ve included is:

Swipe next works even when navigation is restricted and there is no swipe trigger on the slide.

To take advantage of this fix, make sure to update Storyline 3!

Please let us know if you have any questions by posting here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.