Using CTRL to Resize Crashes Storyline 360

May 06, 2021

Hi all,

Just a note to raise that may need looking into:

When I'm resizing objects in Storyline, sometimes it's handy to resize them about their centre, but retain proportion/aspect ratio of the object. There are currently two problems with this:

1) Holding CTRL to resize about the objects centre does not retain proportions or aspect ratio. If anything, the horizontal width changes more dramatically compared to the vertical height.

2) In using this command, Storyline360 crashes and all slides in the project become blank with a big red X over them. - I can close and open the file again without a problem, so this isn't a big loss by any stretch.

This isn't the end of the world as I can still resize and move the objects to where I need them to be using the numerical input or dragging a corner, but thought I'd bring it up for attention.

I have the most up-to-date version of Storyline at time of posting along with relevant Windows OS updates, etc.

- Sam

1 Reply
Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Samuel.

Thank you for reaching out!

Crashing when using the CTRL key when resizing an image shouldn't be happening, so I'd like to help you with that. I have a few questions to narrow down the issue:

• Does it happen in every file you create\edit in Storyline?
  • Are you working from a local hard drive? Working on a network drive can cause erratic behavior. 
  • Have you attempted to repair Storyline 360? Here are the instructions.

If a repair doesn't solve the issue, I'd like to connect you with one of our support engineers. You can open a case here