Video Encoding for Storyline 360

Jan 04, 2019

I am trying to find out what the video encoding parameters are for Storyline 360.

We've noticed that Storyline is a little particular. Sometimes files that appear to be encoded exactly the same way as previous ones we've used will not allow us to turn Automatic compression off - the option is grayed out. When that happens we have to run the video through Handbrake to get the setting to work - a time-consuming extra step.

We are playing with encoding settings to try to figure it out but any light you can shine would be appreciated.

Also, is Storyline able to accept video files using h.265 encoding yet?

27 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hi there Mark!

Thanks for giving us a detailed step by step with a courteous suggestion! :) I'll add your comments to our active bug report. By posting in this discussion, you're now subscribed and will be notified when we return with an update! 

I appreciate you taking the time to share this with us!

John Morgan

Hello everyone!

Good news! Today, we just released Storyline 360 Update 75 (Build 3.75.30269.0) which includes a fix for the bug where the compression field gets disabled when replacing a video.

Now all you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app!

If you have additional questions, don't hesitate to reach out in this discussion or in a support case.