Why are markers in Articulate 360 showing transparent on layers?

Dec 09, 2022

I have the latest version of Articluate 360 and have a markers with white fill on some slides. They work great, but if you select the marker when in layers, the marker fill becomes transparent and is overlapping text on layer.  I saw there was a discussion 5 years ago and it was a flash issue...  What is the fix for this now?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Patti

11 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Patti,

Thanks for reaching out! 

It appears that you are being affected by a known bug that causes the fill of marker labels to become transparent when the text of the markers overlaps with text on the base layer. Making sure that there are no overlaps in the text of markers causes the behavior to disappear: 

I added this thread to the bug report so we can notify you as soon as a fix is released. We're sorry for any inconvenience that this bug may have caused, and we'll be sure to let you know if we have any updates to share! 

Jose Tansengco

Hi Patti,

The recommended workaround is to make sure that the text in the markers do not overlap with other text in the slide as shown in my screenshot. I understand that this workaround might not be applicable to all of the text in your slides, so we'll keep you updated for any updates regarding this bug! 

Jürgen Schoenemeyer

it's not an error with transparency, it an error of z-index

if you define the fill color of the text on the layer you can see it

the z-index of markers seems always between the base layer and the layer
(even if you integrate the marker into a layer)

@articulate: please update the implementation of marker - make them compatible with layers

Nathalie Rehrl

I have a similar problem. I created a drag and drop activity and included markers to give learners hints & additional information. The maerker's label text is overlapping with the drag item. Although I gave the marker label a white fill (no transparency), the drag item shows through as if the label was transparent. Why does the marker not go over the other items? 
All elements are on the same layer.