DevLearn UPDATED FOR 2021

Aug 24, 2020

(i guess I'll reuse last year's post since unfortunately we're about at the same place!)

I don't know, they seem bound and determined to make DevLearn 2021 happen in-person. Is anybody even considering going? ....And gathering safety supplies and making appropriate protection plans, and keeping an eye on Covid #s in Las Vegas.

And frankly, I've been cooped-up in PA since March (2020!), mask wearing and social distancing when rarely going out. Looking forward to reconnecting with all-things-Articulate on Tuesday since I've been in New Learning Platform Land for many months. 

Not looking for validation. It's up to individuals to do what's best for them. I'm just curious.

3 Replies
Christy Tucker

We'll see if it actually happens in person. The Guild is definitely watching the numbers too. They have been doing planning all along to shift to a virtual version if needed; that's been happening parallel to the usual planning. If it switches to all virtual, it will be spread out over a few weeks, rather than trying to compress it all into a few days.

If I didn't already have a registration because I'm speaking, I'd do a virtual pass. That's a much more affordable way to attend than would normally be possible anyway. However, if you have a team of people, a regular registration that would convert and allow you to share with coworkers would be a good choice.

Sally Wiedenbeck

My org is not approving out of state travel yet, so there's no way we'll be going. Even if that weren't the case, it would be a difficult call for me, since I am chronically ill and don't want to risk long term complications from a breakthrough infection. I think it will be a long time before I am comfortable in larger gatherings again.