Forum Discussion

sofianteliopoul
Community Member
2 years ago

3d Parallax Effect using Javascript

Hello,

Can someone explain me step by step how can I create a similar effect for my as in this example?

I tried the methods that are mentioned here,  but no luck.

• The video instructions  do work, I think I loaded the library in a trigger instead of sideloading it

• Thank you Phil for your answer!

I used this code in the trigger (-When the timeline starts on the slide), and I did not download any additional file in story_content, or change the HTML file.

var myElement = document.querySelectorAll("[data-acc-text~='rec']");
    var myCode = function() {
    $('.myElement').tilt({
    maxTilt:25,
    perspective:1000,
    easing:"cubic-bezier(.03,.98,.52,.99)",
    scale:1.1,
    speed:300,
    transition:true,
    disableAxis:null,
    reset:true,
    glare:false,
    maxGlare:1
    })
    }

if (window.$ != null) { // If jQuery has already loaded, run myCode.

myCode();

} else { // Else, load jQuery and then run myCode.

var jQueryLoader = document.createElement("script");

jQueryLoader.src = "https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/tilt.js/1.2.1/tilt.jquery.min.js";

jQueryLoader.onload = function() {

jQueryLoader.onload = null;

myCode();

}

document.head.appendChild(jQueryLoader);

}

I'm unsure whether I should choose a specific element in my slide, such as a rectangle with the accessibility attribute "rec.", or not. I find the specifications of .tilt function in another website. Since my JavaScript knowledge is limited, I could really use some assistance. Thank you in advance for any guidance!

• Hola, yo también estoy en búsqueda del código del efecto 3D parallax pero sin suerte...

• I have yet to be successful at getting tilt.js to execute correctly. Does anyone have any tips or tricks on how they got the effect to work correctly? I would appreciate any advice or examples they would care to share. 

• First ensure you load your libraries... jQuery and Tilt. If that works...the rest is easy.

• You donot need TiltJs to create a tilting effect. You can do it with GSAP. And GSAP is build into Storyline.

Here you can see that work.
    https://360.articulate.com/review/content/f9dc490c-5264-49ef-a6e9-9e2b8faf3596/review

To control the tilt-effect exactly as you want/need you need to dive deep into your math, and make a calculation that does the trick.

The sample as shown is added here.

In part2 i will show how to add jQuery an TiltJS and get that working...