Forum Discussion

BrettSimpson-a5
Community Member
4 months ago

Parallax webinar

Jumped on the parallax effect with sliders webinar the other day (3am Aussie time), and really got a lot out of it.

While I was playing around with it that day at work, I thought, all things go left, or all things go right... What if I wanted to move the front character of image to the left, and have something hiding behind come out to the right.....

re-saved my image upside down, flip the slider 180 degrees, re-add the (upside down) image & presto.... 

Plan to use this (work in dept of health) to have an unwell person hosting a dinner party (dining table partially visible behind), slide them out of the way (left) to reveal the guests (right along with revealing background dining table more) & button to see how they were affected... 

Be great to hear if anyone else has any lightbulb moments on this of other ways to manipulate & utilise parallax effect. 

Cheers

Brett 

• Hi Brett, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed that webinar, especially since it was so early for you!! In case you haven't seen this, I just wanted to share this fantastic write-up my coworker, Sarah, put together about a parallax example she created. 

How I Built This Recycling Parallax Interaction in Storyline 360

Please share what you create! It sounds like a great use case for the parallax effect. Please let us know if you have any questions.

BrettSimpson-a5
      Community Member

Hi Ginger,

I did have a quick look through the recycling interaction and write up. It's great! 

Have attached my story file of the slide I created (so far). Obviously can use some finessing, better images etc. but a start amongst juggling variety of projects at work. 

Determined to make more time for my own development in this space. : )  

CindyKatz
      Community Member

I watched the recorded version of the webinar. Can I get the template that was referenced in it?

GingerSwart
        Staff

Hi Cindy, The templates for that webinar are available to download here. The downloads are located on the right-hand side under the video. 

• Rather than flipping the slider, I tried flipping the Start and End values so that the slider went from Start: 80 and End: 0. Then the thumbnail will move right to left.