Forum Discussion

CharmaineLee-85
Community Member
3 months ago

A niche(?) problem with Presenter

Hello - i'm at a loss with my ongoing, sporadic issue and need some help.

- The situation..

I recieve a PowerPoint file from another team, I then sort out the formatting, change any settings such as language, add a quizmaker file, then I publish it to a scorm via the Articulate add-on. (SCORM 2004, version 1.2 for those interested), then it's uploaded to our LMS. We have to do this because we need to track that people are reading the content, so not doing this is non-negotiable, and it took too long on storyline as we had to move everything across manually.

- The problem

Sometimes, during the publishing process, something will go wrong. The formatting will drop out, words will disappear, sometimes the language will change.. there's no telling what presentation will do this, and I never know why. I sometimes have to re-publish four or five times before it's correct (and it takes atleast 20 minutes each time).

Today is a good example. My colleague (who has previously not had issues) went to publish a presentation in Japanese, and the final output removed 80%+ of the Japanese characters. I tried it on one of my two laptops and also experienced the problem, yet on my other laptop it was absolutely fine.

- What i've tried & my question

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Articulate numerous times, I got a faster laptop, more memory..

I've contacted Articulate who ask me to publish from my local drive (which I already do), and that's where their support ends - i've had my companies IT team almost try to rip apart and analyse the 'malfunctioning' presentations and they can't find anything - so now i'm asking you!

Do you have any idea what the problem could be? Do the presentations need to be built in a very specific way for Articulate to like them every time, is the Articulate add-on just unreliable and I need to look at another programme? Is there something support, or my IT team is missing?

When this issue occurs it wastes so much time and is incredibly frustrating so i'd appreciate any advice.

Sadly I can't share any of the files due to the nature of the business.

• Hi Charmaine!

I see that you've reached out to our Support Engineers and are working with my teammate, Mick! You're in great hands. We’ll continue the conversation in your support case!