Forum Discussion

JohnWilliams-41
Community Member
3 months ago

A "Skip Question" Button and Review Only Skipped Questions

The title basically says it all.  I have a 100-question, timed quiz that will report to our LMS.  I want the test-taker to be able to skip questions, go back and review ONLY skipped questions, answer them, and then submit the entire quiz.  I have already:

• Added a slide to remind the user to go back and review any skipped questions.  I also added a "Review Exam" and a "Submit Exam" button to the slide but the review button just goes over every question.
  • Removed the "Submit" option from each slide.

I assume I need to go back and add a skip button to all 100+ slides - or is there a better way?

The file is attached below.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

• There might be a better way, but I'm sure there's no shorter method given that the question bank holds 100 questions. If you want to keep the NEXT button, I suggest the following tweaks:

1. Set all question slides to "Resume saved state when revisiting" (so Storyline can check if the question has been answered in the first round).
    2. Create a trigger on the base layer (see screenshot 1).
    3. Add an empty layer (e.g., "answered" layer) and create a trigger to "Jump to the next slide when the timeline starts on this layer" (see screenshot 2).

Logic: 

If you skip the question in the first round, none of the radio buttons will be in the selected state upon revisiting. If the question was answered, the "answered" layer will be shown upon revisiting based on the conditions in the trigger, and it will immediately skip to the next question until a skipped question with no selection is found.

I've attached a shortened version with 10 questions for you to review and possibly find a better way.
  • Thanks for that!  I'll give it a try although... I think I may just let them review all questions and not just the ones that they missed.  Seems like less work.