Forum Discussion

AnaFulton-49f72
Community Member
4 days ago

Accessing video controls using a keyboard

I'm trying to test a course using NVDA and the keyboard only. My course has video slides, with the new "accessible" player controls enabled. However, I can't figure out how to access those controls using only the keyboard (no mouse clicks).

It's great that there's a button with the transcript automatically generated from the CC, but I can't seem to navigate to any of those buttons using the keyboard.

Help!

• Hi Eric,

Thanks for responding. Using the Tab key never gets me into the video player controls on my video slide. The built-in video player controls--which are supposed to be accessible--do not seem to be "focusable items" when using the Tab key to navigate.

Tab just takes me to "Back to Top" then back to the whole slide (or it takes me into the Storyline player controls). 

See the attached screen recording of me navigating my video slide using the keyboard (Tab and Enter) and NVDA.

What am I missing? 

I cannot figure out how to select the new Transcript button in the video player using keyboard navigation (Tab and Enter), which is obviously a deal-breaker for users who don't use a mouse.