Forum Discussion

8 hours ago

AI Citations

I have a question for anyone out there that can assist me in understanding where to find citations for AI generated blocks of information.  For example, if I search for "Kirkpatrick's 4 Levels of Learning", I get a block that provides that information.  I'm confident it is a correct representation of that information because of my personal background on the topic.  However, I would like to see the citations from where the information is sourced by the Articulate AI.  Is that available to me? How do I know that the information is not a "hallucination" by the AI engine?  

Anyone, please feel free to enlighten me on this topic.

Thanks

• That's an interesting question, but I'm not sure there is an answer, other than "the AI engine". As far as I know, these AI engines have been scraping the web for a long time to form their language models and so combine information from several sources to try and provide the best information (which is not always correct). For example, I don't think they take a piece of information from a website and show it to you verbatim. 

In my experience I never see citation when using AI such as ChatGPT. For example, I just performed a quick simple query and asked ChatGPT to show me how to write a JavaScript function. I then asked where the information came from, and it did start by saying "The information I provided is based on core JavaScript syntax and functionality, which are well-established standards in programming" but later on did provide a link to "MDN Web Docs (Mozilla Developer Network)." which is a well respected resource for browser based functionality.

So, in a nutshell, it appears you have to ask when using AI. Could you possibly write "Kirkpatrick's 4 Levels of Learning. Also provide where the information was sourced and any relevant citations."?