Forum Discussion

PoojaBhakta
Community Member
5 years ago

Allow Forward Seeking - disabled?

I embedded a video in 360 and do not see the setting "allow forward seeking" so users cannot skip ahead of the video.

Help! :) 

• Hello, 

I am having a similar issue. I do not see the "Allow Forward Seeking" Checkbox in Rise.

First, I uploaded an MP4 into a Rise microlearning. Then, I uploaded an MP4 into a Rise course. Both instances did not show me a Content and Settings tab. I refreshed the page. Nothing. I restarted my computer and updated my Articulate 360 Suite. Nothing.

I am currently using Google Chrome, and to my knowledge this browser is running the latest version.

I have also attached what I see. 

KarlMuller
      Community Member

Hi Tanya,

That setting is now on the right-hand side of the block.

Select Design.

TanyaThampip494
        Community Member

Thank you so much Karl! Now I feel silly. Happy to see it was an easy fix!!

JesseWoodman
    Community Member

I've selected 'Allow forward seeking' on an uploaded mp4 file. However, I'm also noticing that when I test this out the video returns to the start, rather than allowing me to progress forwards through the file. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Jesse!

Sorry to hear you've run into this setback. I'd be happy to help!

Testing the behavior on my end, I was unable to reproduce the same behavior. To clarify, does this issue occur with all MP4 files, or just one specifically? Also, can the same behavior be reproduced across multiple browsers?

If you're comfortable sharing the video file used, I'd be happy to take a closer look and test the functionality. Feel free to upload it here in the discussion or privately through a support case.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

• Hi There,

I am running into the same problem as Jesse has indicated above. This is happening on all mp4's that are uploaded. It is also happening across 2 tested browsers (Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge).

Was a fix was identified?

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Madeleine!

Sorry to hear you've also run into this setback!

If you've confirmed that the Allow Forward Seeking setting has been enabled, can you clarify how you are viewing the courses? In Preview, Review 360, or through an LMS?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

• Hi Steven, 

Yes, I have this setting enabled and currently I am experiencing it both in Preview and through an LMS.

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Madeleine!

Thanks for sharing the extra details!

I've opened a support case on your behalf so our support engineers can take a closer look into this behavior. You're in excellent hands troubleshooting with them and they should be following up with you shortly!

We can continue the conversation through your case to keep all information in one place.