Allow Forward Seeking - disabled?

Nov 26, 2019

I embedded a video in 360 and do not see the setting "allow forward seeking" so users cannot skip ahead of the video.

Help! :) 

22 Replies
Will Findlay

Myy "Edit Video" panel settings are missing this checkbox.  Did I do something wrong?

To replicate:

1. Click New Course
  2. Click Blank Course
  3. Type "Video 1" as the lesson title and press Enter.
  4. Click Add Content
  5. Click Lesson
  6. Click "Video"
  7. Hover over Video Block
  8. Click "Edit"
  9. Click "Settings" tab.
  10. I only get the options showing below:

Chino Navarro

Hi Evy! Sorry to hear that forward seeking is not working when your Rise 360 course is in your LMS. To test if the issue is with your LMS, I recommend testing your course in SCORM Cloud, the industry-standard testing engine.

The following video tutorial demonstrates how to use SCORM Cloud with Articulate content:

https://community.articulate.com/series/learning-management-systems-lmss/articles/how-to-troubleshoot-your-lms-with-scorm-cloud

If the issue doesn't occur in SCORM Cloud, it looks like the issue could be with the LMS. If the issue also occurs in SCORM Cloud, we would love to take a closer look. Feel free to open a case here. Our support engineers are ready to help.

Edward Hoke

Greetings: Scorm Cloud is not 100% bullet proof. Every LMS is a little different. Since there are 2 in this thread that have the issue, I will check it again and upload to Scorm Cloud. If it still behaves in this manner, it is a bug and I will submit a case for our Enterprise system. Thank you!

Tanya Thampipop

Hello, 

I am having a similar issue. I do not see the "Allow Forward Seeking" Checkbox in Rise.

First, I uploaded an MP4 into a Rise microlearning. Then, I uploaded an MP4 into a Rise course. Both instances did not show me a Content and Settings tab. I refreshed the page. Nothing. I restarted my computer and updated my Articulate 360 Suite. Nothing.

I am currently using Google Chrome, and to my knowledge this browser is running the latest version.

I have also attached what I see. 

Rise Video Settings without Content and Setting Tab

Steven Benassi

Hi Jesse!

Sorry to hear you've run into this setback. I'd be happy to help!

Testing the behavior on my end, I was unable to reproduce the same behavior. To clarify, does this issue occur with all MP4 files, or just one specifically? Also, can the same behavior be reproduced across multiple browsers?

If you're comfortable sharing the video file used, I'd be happy to take a closer look and test the functionality. Feel free to upload it here in the discussion or privately through a support case.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Steven Benassi

Hi Madeleine!

Thanks for sharing the extra details!

I've opened a support case on your behalf so our support engineers can take a closer look into this behavior. You're in excellent hands troubleshooting with them and they should be following up with you shortly!

We can continue the conversation through your case to keep all information in one place.