Forum Discussion

MichaelNilss577
Community Member
2 years ago

Articulate on new Macbook MAX with M2 Chip

I just invested in the brand new Macbook with the M2 MAX chip and will transition fully to the Apple eco system and sell my PC:s. How will this work with Articulate? Some older discussions raised concerns that it is problematic to get Storyline to function, but what is the 2023 status on this issue? Surely such an amazing and modern app suite like Articulate should work flawlessly on Mac...?

• Thanks for the update. Is there a lag when you open the trigger window? When I tested on a Studio M1 Max Pro, I could literally do a five-count before the window opened.

• That is kind of laggy, when you mention it... I didn't notice since I always duplicate triggers anyway, and that works instantly...

• I wonder if the issue stems more from storyline being a 32 bit program on top of a 64 bit os in a virtual container. 32 bit architecture translation probably isn’t supported that well yet within parallels. 

• As a follow up to this discussion, Storyline had an update on June 20 that stated "Enhanced: The trigger wizard performs faster on M-series Macs."  Likely they were able to optimize the code for the trigger wizard in a way that allowed the virtualization through parallels to run more efficiently.

Wondering if anyone could confirm their experience? Is it just a fast now as it was on a native windows PC? Or is it still slower, but better than it was?

• It looks like there is a beta version of storyline that is now 64 bit (finally, after a decade of requests). I wonder if the 64 bit version is more compatible/has better stability with virtualization on the M-series macs.