Forum Discussion

NancyChambers
Community Member
2 months ago

Audio delay in Storyline 360 in Preview and in Publishing, but not on timeline.

I am having an issue with a course's audio being delayed when previewing the course as a whole and when published. I preview the slide alone, it works fine.  If I preview the course as a whole or as multiple slides, there is a delay. However, if I replay in review, the delay is no longer there.  Please help.  

matking
    Community Member

I'm having this issue too. Either the audio doesn't work at all (button click SFX), or it starts playing 5 seconds into the audio.

LucianaPiazza
      Staff

Hi there, matking!
      Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear you've run into this audio delay issue! If I understand correctly, what you're experiencing is the audio not playing or has a five second delay? 

1. Are you experiencing this behavior with all of the audio in your course or just one specific file?
      2. Could you share where this issue is occurring for you? (Slide View, Preview, and/or Published Output)

It would be helpful to know more about your course and take a closer look at your .story file. You can share within this thread or you can share your file privately in a support case. One of our talented Support Engineers will take it from there and assist with troubleshooting. 

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

• Hi Nancy,

Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear you've hit this snag!

It would be helpful to take a look at your file to isolate the issue. Are you willing to share your course with our team? You can upload it here or privately in a support case and we'll delete it from our systems once troubleshooting is complete.