Forum Discussion

WilliamRyan-dba
Community Member
2 years ago

Automatically adjusting timeline on layer also adjusts timeline on base layer

Hi there... I noticed that when you right-click the timeline on a layer and select "Fit timeline to longest object", the base layer timeline is also adjusted to the same length. It caught me a few times when developing courses...

• Hi William, 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I can confirm that I was able to replicate the behavior using a new project file. I've created a bug report to notify our product team of the issue, and we'll be sure to leave a message here as soon as we receive any new updates to share.

• Same problem: This issue is either back or was never fixed because this happens to me all the time. I'll get feedback that the base layer runs long. To avoid this, I have to make sure I set the timeline to longest object on the base layer AFTER I set it on all the others. I've gotten in the habit of going back and re-adjusting all base layers before I save/publish a file just to avoid this issue. So a fix would be nice!

KellyAuner
      Staff

Hi, AndreaDamewood!

Thanks so much for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I ran a quick test on my end, and I found the timeline on the base layer isn't changing even after I set the timeline to the longest object on another layer.

Can you please confirm you're using the most up-to-date version of Storyline? If you're comfortable sharing your file with our team, we'd be happy to take a closer look to see what's happening! You can upload that here or privately in a support case, and we'll delete it from our systems once troubleshooting is complete.