Forum Discussion

BenNovak
Community Member
2 years ago

Bringing in Powerpoint Slides

Hey all, I have had this happen to me a few times. When I go to upload powerpoint into a storyline 360 project there are a few glitches. I have had images that flip backwards as well as text boxes. I have also had videos that upload and suddenly have no sound. I was wondering if there were any tricks around this?  Thanks in advance!

• Hi Ben,

Wow! Flipped images, flipped textboxes, and no audio on videos are definitely not expected after importing a PowerPoint into Storyline 360! I’m happy to get this sorted out with you!  I have a few follow-up questions regarding the flipped images so I can understand what you are experiencing a little better.

1. Which version of PowerPoint are you using? I am using PowerPoint 365.
    2. Which version of Storyline are you using? I am using Storyline version 3.73.29904.0.
    3. Are there any similarities in the files where the glitches are happening? Larger files? Most than X number of images or text boxes?
    4. Are you working from a shared drive? If so, I would recommend saving your files on your local drive before creating, editing, and publishing them. This will help minimize any unexpected behavior.

I’ve attached a PowerPoint file that I created and imported into Storyline 360. The images, text boxes, and audio rendered properly. Do you mind importing it into Storyline 360 on your end to see if you notice the same behavior?

Thanks for reaching out and I look forward to your response!