Forum Discussion

NancySheet-812d
Community Member
3 years ago

Buffering in Storyline 360

Hi, 

My reviewers are experiencing 15 secs of buffering on a couple of slides when they go through an interactive knowledge Check I created in Storyline 360. I published it to Review 360 and sent them the link to review. The slide is very simple with a couple of images and a hotspot. There are only two layers. Is there anything within Storyline that would make the slides buffer or is it just internet lag? They are in Australia and I am in the U.S. 

• Hi Emily and welcome to the E-Learning Heroes Community, ✨

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this behavior. 

I'd like to have our Support Engineers take a closer look at your courses to see if there are personalized troubleshooting steps we can assist you with! I've opened a support case on your behalf. 

Our team will be in touch shortly via email. 

Thanks so much, Emily! 

• Is there an ETA on when the buffering issue will be resolved? I have an open case but have not received any updates. 

• Hi Khadeja,

Thanks for checking in!

I see that my teammate, Chester, sent you a reply this morning. We'll continue troubleshooting in your support case.

• Hello,

I was able to identify the buffering issue is caused by the Zoom region added to the screen recorded video inserted in the slide. I am not able to share my project due to company policy. I have tried all the steps with re-installing the software but still the issue persists. I have the zoom region added in another scene within the same course and that works. Is someone able to provide remote assistance or call to further assist. This is on-going on week 2 now and I need to submit my work. 

• Hi, Khadeja!

Thank you for following up on this. I understand how frustrating it can be when you're experiencing an issue like this while working on a deadline. I see my teammate, Ian, sent you a reply in your support case. If you need further assistance, please let us know!

• Hello everyone!

Good news! Today, we just released Storyline 360 Update 74 (Build 3.74.30180.0) which included the fix for the bug where projects that have audio files (mp3, wav) experience buffering in recent updates.

Now all you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app!

If you have additional questions, don't hesitate to reach out in this discussion or in a support case.