Forum Discussion

BillHire
Community Member
3 months ago

Can Storyline 3 read assessments made in Storyline 360?

In my work we  have two people using two different Storyline(SL) programs, (3 and 360)  The person using 360 wants the person using 3 to review some assessments they made, however, the person with SL3 is finding themselves stuck on the opening screen and it is not moving, in fact it appears to be frozen.

Any ideas or suggestions?

JHauglie
    Community Member

If the reviewer is trying to open the SL360 file in SL3, that is probably the behavior you would expect. The programs are backwards-compatible, so 360 can open 3, 2, and even earlier. But they are not forward-compatible, so 3 cannot open 360 and do much with it at all.

You are better off having the SL360 course published to Review360 and having the SL3 user review the actual module, instead of trying to probe under the hood to look at the moving parts.

• Hello Bill,

I'm happy to chime in. I understand your colleague would like to open a Storyline 360 project in Storyline 3. However, there may be times when a new feature in Storyline 360 isn't compatible with Storyline 3. In that case, don't use the new feature in Storyline 360 if you need to transfer the project file to a Storyline 3 user.

Storyline 3 projects always open in Storyline 360. You can also open Storyline 360 projects with Storyline 3 unless the Storyline 360 project has the following features.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have additional questions.