Forum Discussion

LeoneHay
Community Member
3 months ago

Bug with Layer flashing up between moving to next slide

I have a "Try again" layer whereby if the user clicks outside of certain hotspots they get the "Try again layer". When they are correct, they get a Correct layer and a hotspot with Next Step to take them to the next slide. In the preview and when published, the Try Again layer flashes up between the the Correct Layer and the next slide. Is this a bug or is a setting making this happen that I can turn off. 

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

Morning Leone,

The good news is that I don't think it's a bug, and it definitely isnt a default setting you cant turn off.

Infact, for a layer to show it has to be triggered in some way, so I'm wondering if there isn't a rogue little trigger sitting somewhere that is causing it to flash up on screen before moving on?

The prime suspect for me is when you said that the Try Again layer will show if the user clicks outside of hotspots. That sort of trigger might still activate when you click an actual hotspot if it hadn't been set up just right. 

Can you share your story file, or post up your triggers for that slide?

• It is because you have them clicking on the hotspot on the correct layer, if you set that layer to prevent user clicking on the other layers then that should fix it

LeoneHay
    Community Member

Brilliant! Thanks Phil, that did indeed work. Thanks for looking at this so quickly.