Forum Discussion

ElisabethH
Community Member
8 months ago

Button Set not working with grouped objects?

I have three .png images of speech bubbles. I have 3 text boxes. I grouped each box with its text. The learner will select one of the three and click submit and get a feedback layer.

I assigned all 3 groups to a button set. However, upon reviewing, I can click multiple speech bubbles and they stay selected instead of functioning as a button set. 

I want the learner to click the group so the .pngs speech bubble state's change. I can't set the buttons/answers as the .pngs because the learner can't click them as the text box is in the way. And, if the learner clicks the text box, the .png state doesn't change.

Any suggestions? File attached. 

• Get rid of the groups. Groups can't have button sets. My guess is when you have the button set objects grouped it causes some sort of conflict.

I'd copy the text and then open the normal state of the callout and paste the text into the normal state. Then the text is part of the object.

• I did play around with a new callout and text grouped and it worked, but for some reason your text boxes are not able to click through. Hmmm... I need to look at it. 

But it's still easy to copy the text and put into the normal state to get it working.

• I created a new text box and applied format painter of the new text over your existing text and that seemed to fix the click through issue. 

ElisabethH
      Community Member

I tried this, and it worked for the answer 1 box but not the answer 2 box.

• Not sure what's going on with the file. I'll do some research. Chatted with David and he said if you remove the states other than selected, then the interaction works.