Forum Discussion

VictorMadison-3
Community Member
3 years ago

Button States

I have a three-button screen (PRINT JOB SCREEN) on a screen to serve as a navigation screen.  The buttons "jump" to additional screens and then return to this screen.  I have set the states for the buttons to normal, hover, down and visited.  The normal states are shown in PRINT JOB SCREEN.  When I click a button, jump to the desired slide, and return, the buttons should change to the "visited" state as shown on screen PRINT JOB SCREEN 01.  If I roll-over the button, then it changes to the visited state.

I have set the "when revisiting" slide properties to all three options and get the same results.  Can someone help with this issue in Storyline 3.

Thanks

• It turns out that the button state when I return is the "hover" state.  If I delete the hover state, the button shows the visited state when I return. It appears to be saving the last state the button was in before it jumped to the other slide.  ??????

• Ah Ha!  I figured it out.  Here is the deal.  With "resume saved state" selected, the last state before jumping to the desired slide for the button was the "hover" state.  So when I returned, the button state changed to visited and loaded over the "hover" state. The "visited" state loaded over the "hover" state when I returned to the original slide.  However, the "visited" state graphic did not fully cover the "hover" state graphic.  I changed the "visited" state graphic and all is well.

• Hi, Victor!

Nice investigative work on the button states! I'm happy you were able to get that worked out. If you have any other situations come up, please come back to E-Learning Heroes. Also, check out our other resources like support articlestutorials, and user guides. They are available 24/7!

Thanks for the update!