Forum Discussion

DebbieAtkins-ff
Community Member
3 months ago

Can't tab to Menu

For some reason I can't tab to the menu in a course I'm working on. This is essential to have working for 508 compliance. I've even copied just the first few slides to a new course (attached) and it still doesn't work. What am I missing here?

Update:

Thank you for your input, Nedim. The article you linked to gave me documentation of another item the client wanted changed, but it's not the way Storyline works. I can now send them that link.

A good night's sleep cleared my head and I figured out what I was doing wrong. I had key press triggers on the arrow keys to go back and forth in the course. These were activated when trying to move to the other tab. I disabled those triggers and all works as it should. 

• It appears that only first item in the sidebar group can be tabbed. For now, you can reorder the sidebar items so the Menu tab comes first. However, in this case, you will not be able to tab the Notes tab. 

• Here is more detailed and logical explanation.
    It seems like you can only tab through interactive objects. The tab key only focuses on interactive objects in the slide. The objects that do not get highlighted can still be read, through the use of the up and down arrow keys.