Forum Discussion

TerenceClinch-6
Community Member
9 days ago

Certificate of completion for web export?

Is it possible for a learner to receive a certificate of completion when completing a course that's published on the web? 

I've been asked to publish a course on our website to make it available for learners that are 3rd party and do not have LMS access. However they also want to receive a certificate of completion when the course has been finished.

I did find a potential workaround where someone created a certificate that could be automatically downloaded within the storyline itself using a WebObject and PDF Maker.

Any other solutions out there? 

• Hi TerenceClinch-6 you could just provide a link to download the certificate on a slide or button that can only be accessed when the course is completed.

When it comes to solutions that aren't available out-of-the-box, it really depends on what your requirements are and what your skill level and/or budget is in terms of what kind of solution you can use.

There are ways to produce a PDF which could include the date and students name (via an input box), but these methods require good JavaScript knowledge. The method I recommend if not a JavaScript developer is either:

• Generic PDF certificate that can be downloaded (not personalised)
    • A slide which allows the user to enter their name/date and then print the slide

As I said, it all depends on what your skills and/or budget are as to what solution is available to you.