Forum Discussion

AxelDitter-a8f7
Community Member
5 years ago

Change the size of a marker

Hello, when I insert a Marker in Articulate, i can change the size of the text (behind) and color and ...

But I can not change the size of the original marker?

When I now have a very big stage --- and insert a marker ..... its very small ....

cheers

Axel

• Has the idea of improving the marker sizing and animation capabilities been abandoned? I don't see it on the feature roadmap and my markers, which I use to teach the learner how to navigate the course, are not even legible. Any update?

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Tamara!

Thanks for checking in on this!

Not to worry! The feature request to allow authors the ability to customize the marker size in Storyline has not been abandoned! Our development team has been prioritizing other features, so I don't have any updates to share at this time.

I've included you in the feature report so you can be notified as soon as we have news to share!

For your reference, here's a deeper look at how we manage feature requests.

MoemaAlves
    Community Member

Can you also please include me Steven Benassi. The markers are huge for the images I have and no way to change them to be smaller.

• Sure thing, Moema de Castro Alves! 

I've added your voice to the report. We'll be sure to update this discussion if we have any news in the future. 

Hope you are having a great start to 2024! 🎉 

CherylGreen
    Community Member

Add mine too please!  I need an efficient way to mark the introduction of a new glossary term but the default size is much too large for most instances I'd like to use it.

Thank you!

• We've gotten user feedback that the markers are too small. We embedded the "too small" marker inside a larger icon, but that marker's interactive area is still too small. This is especially a problem when users are interacting via a tablet and need to tap on a specific invisible portion of the larger icon to get the interaction to work - it's less of an issue when using a desktop/laptop. 

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Jeremy!

Thanks for the feedback on how customizing the marker size in Storyline could benefit you and your learners!

I see that you were previously included in the feature report that's being tracked. We'll be sure to notify you as soon as we have updates to share!

For your reference, here's a deeper look at how we manage feature requests.