Forum Discussion

KellyKremin1
Community Member
12 years ago

changing character expression changes character pose

I'm using animated character Female 13. (She looks like the narrator of this particular CBT.) When I change her expression to Talking, her pose always changes to One Hand On Hip.

Weird, right?

I change her pose back to whatever it was and move on... but, I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and any suggestions to avoid this happening.

Thanks!

• Hi Kelly,

I just ran a quick test and did NOT experience that. (Female 13 is blond, blue shirt, brown pants). I inserted her with crossed arms/neutral expression and ran 2 "tests"

• Changed to talking simply by selecting the change expression
    • Had her state change 3 seconds in to talking.

In both cases her arm remained crossed.

• Hi There! I've managed to change her expression, but the pose stays the same. What do I do if I want to change the state of her POSE but keep her expression the same? For Example, Expression=talking; but Pose = Neutral to Pointing

EllenCarnahan
    Community Member

I know this thread is 8 years old :) I have been using Storyline since about 2018 and have never had an issue changing just the pose, just the expression, etc.

However this morning I experienced what you are mentioning: Every time I changed the expression to "talking," the pose automatically changed to "one hand on hip, one hand out," which is natural and may be "assigned" as a proper combination. However it is not what we need :))

I am hoping this is a glitch but came here looking for solutions and thought I would weigh in.

Ellen 

• Hi, Ellen.

Thank you for reaching out!

The default behavior for illustrated characters is that, as you mentioned above, the expression will be assigned and combined with a pose.

Screen Recording 2021-07-01 at 10.32.39 AM

However, if you change the pose first, then the expressions will maintain the selected one instead:

Screen Recording 2021-07-01 at 10.35.33 AM

Let me know if this helps!