Forum Discussion

MichaelNilss577
Community Member
5 months ago

Click on image won't zoom anymore

All of a sudden I notice that images don't zoom/enlarge when clicked anymore in Articulate Rise. I don't know when this stopped working, I only just noticed it. I have the box "Enable zoom on image click" checked in the Image Format properties and all of the images are much larger in their original form so that is not the problem. I am on a Mac.

• Hi Jose,

The image I've noticed it on is in an interactive Tabs box however I've now realised no images appear to be zooming. The + magnifying glass appears but nothing happens when you click.

- it was a colleague accessing Review 360 that left feedback to say the image didn't zoom

- I've now tested it in Rise 360 and the same thing happens

- ahh, I've just tested it in Chrome and it works, I'm using Safari (17.5)

Thanks

Katie

ChalireJune
    Community Member

Based on your description, it sounds like you're experiencing an unexpected issue with the image zoom functionality in Articulate Rise. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Browser check:
      • Try using a different browser to see if the issue persists.
      • Clear your browser cache and cookies, then reload the course.
    2. Rise settings:
      • Double-check that the "Enable zoom on image click" option is enabled for all images where you want this functionality.

https://themeshopify2.wixsite.com/shopifytheme/post/palo-alto-shopify-theme-free-download-2024

• My issue appeared and then disappeared without changing browsers or clearing cache. I simply refreshed the page for zoom to start working again.

Maybe that helps some users, likely not all users.

SusanKlick
    Community Member

Hmmm... What I've noticed in Rise, is that learners can zoom (enlarge) some images when clicked, but other images do not enlarge when clicked. Are there parameters we should keep in mind when capturing images to ensure folks can zoom in/enlarge screenshots? Thank you.

• First, make sure that "enable zoom" is checked for the ones that aren't zooming; I've accidentally turned it off before and then couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. (I also found that my reading glasses were on top of my head the whole time.  :-) )

But, assuming it's on in every case, they need to start big in order to zoom. I believe it's actually "zooming back up" to its original size, not magnifying it.

Zoom amount varies with original size and proportion, and may also depend on the block being used. 

For instance, in the Image & Text block, the VW image is 1680 X 1044, and you see significant zoom. In that same block, dimensions in the 500 - 600px range won't zoom very much, if at all.  Same with a "vertical" image I have in there with dimensions like 200 x 800 px.

In the Labeled Graphic, images you can insert into the pop-up cards will zoom noticeably with dimensions in the 700 - 800px range. 

I've seen it "zoom out" too. In the Tabs, if you set an image to show full-width, and it's small to begin with, like 400 x 400....well, that setting actually does magnify it to start with, so it goes small in the zoom function.

For me it's been trial-and-error, but the general rule is to start big.  Hope that helps.

SusanKlick
      Community Member

Jeffrey, this is all very helpful. I spend a lot of time in Rise modules checking every single image to see if it will enlarge or not, and then turning off the zoom option when needed. I appreciate you sharing all of this information, which will be put to good use. It's always seemed like a mystery why some images can be enlarged and others can't. I look forward to trying your tips! Have a good day.

• I too cannot enlarge Rise images in Safari, but they work perfectly in Chrome. Safari is what I use, as do many of my students, so please sort this out. And btw emptying the cache and refreshing the browser do not make it work.

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Quentin, 

Just letting you know that I responded to your original post here. We are currently tracking this behavior as a known bug that occurs when courses are viewed in Safari, and we'll share a message here as soon as it is fixed. We apologize for any inconvenience this bug may have caused.

• @Jose Tansengco, Thank you for looking into this.  I have many thousands of users who take training on iPads that are currently impacted.  

• Hi Everyone!

I'm happy to let you know we released a new update for Rise 360!

This update fixes the issue you ran into where:

• 'Zoom image on click' is not working in the Safari browser.

There's nothing to install for web apps. New features and fixes are immediately available. Let me know if you have any questions about this update or the issue you reported!

MichaelNilss577
      Community Member

Excellent! I can confirm that it is working - thank You for this!