Forum Discussion

CorinaMadewell
Community Member
4 years ago

Content Library Video play speed control?

I found a video in the content library that I would like to play during some recorded audio.  My question is:  Can I control the speed at which the video plays?

there is no sound to the video clip, it is basically an icon of a magnifying glass being drawn on a chalk board, but at it's default time, it is PAINFULLY slow... 

I would like to set the length of time that it takes to finish the drawing to match the length of the recorded audio. I have poked around, but don't see an intuitive way to do that. 

I was hoping someone could help me out.  

Thank you!!

Cori

• Hi Cori,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing what you are working on in your project.

We do have a feature request we are tracking to allow the author to control the speed of the audio and/or video in projects prior to publishing.

I'll add this conversation to the report so that we can share any updates with you here. I wanted to share some information about how we manage these feature requests as that may be helpful. 

• Yes this would be a great feature to add, when can we expect this functionality?

• Hi, Rachel.

We don't have any updates on this feature request yet, but we'll be sure to notify you when we have some news!

• Any updates on this? Right now I have to use Premier Pro to edit and then put the video into Storyline 360 to get the speed I want. Not ideal. 

• Hi, Stacey!

Thanks for reaching out about this. Currently, I don't have an update on Corina's request, but do want to share that learners explore at their own pace by choosing a course playback speed between 0.25x and 2x. If you have additional questions, please let us know and we'll be happy to help!