Forum Discussion

angieransdell
Community Member
11 hours ago

Create a Storyline fill in the blank Template for information

I was just curious if there is a way to create a fill in the blank template to hold information (not a quiz/test) in Storyline that could be interactive and filled in and also edited in Rise. 
We traditionally use PP for our courses and we have a template with information we would like to carry over for our rise courses. We cant keep the info on the slides ...

We would like to use it as a blank standard form, and then fill in the customized information for each course.

Any idea? Am I on a wild goose chase?

• Hi angieransdell I'm not quite clear on how the Storyline form and Rise are interacting? When you say carry over, what do you mean by that? Are you able to explain the process a bit more? Are you suggesting that you would like data that a user has input in course X, to then be available in course Y when they launch it?

For courses published as SCORM, it is not possible to share data between courses. This is a limitation of SCORM. In order to share individual user generated data between different courses, on an LMS, you would need to use a 3rd party solution. Examples might include getting/seeting the data on a Google Sheet that is shared between the courses.