Forum Discussion

ChakiraLane-88a
Community Member
4 months ago

Custom Drag and Drop

I primarily work is Rise, but I wanted to create a visually complex drag and drop, so I moved to storyline. Once I get working right, I will upload it as a block in the Rise course. So, Storyline's Free Form Drag and Drop doesn't allow the same draggable to be placed in multiple drop targets. Since I don't need my exercise to be graded, I decided to try to build it as a slide with triggers on the objects and hotspots as the drop targets. When an object is placed on a correct hotspot, a "Correct" feedback layer is shown. When it's placed on an incorrect hotspot, the "Incorrect" layer is shown. Once all the draggables are placed correctly, I would like a "Completion" layer to show. I created true/false variables for all the objects and set triggers for them to change to true if they are on the correct hotspot. I have references on my base layer to see if they are turning. Right now, I have the variable trigger above the feedback trigger. Is that placement correct? Then, I created a trigger on the slide to show that completion layer if all of my variables are "true." But so far, I can never get this layer to show. So, SOMETHING is not right. But I don't know what. Am I depending too much on layers?  Then, once this is complete, I would like the whole thing to reset to the beginning. My Storyline skills are extremely mid, and I'm just at a complete lost as to how to get this to behave the way I want it it. Any help would be appreciated.

• See Walt's answer in the duplicate question posted in the Storyline Forum: Custom Drag and Drop - Articulate Storyline Discussions - E-Learning Heroes 

FYI: Posting the same question in multiple areas and/or multiple times might seem like a good way to get noticed.

However, it can complicate getting a good answer, since different folks might reply to different posts. That also makes it harder for someone else who's searching for the answer to the same or a similar question. 

• I just saw his response, and will try that. Noted about posting in several places. Thanks for your insight!