Forum Discussion

RobertLoverin-f
Community Member
10 days ago

Data listed in cmi.interactions.x.id

We're using Docebo to deploy a course built in Storyline. During a test, I pulled the interaction data for some of our questions. 

The cmi.interactions.25.id, for example, lists the correct scene/slide, but that doesn't tell an independent reviewer which question someone answered. 

I know that cmi.interactions.x.description lists the question stem, but our course has a pre-test and knowledge checks that reuse the question stem and answers. So, the stem would display twice for different interactions (as expected) . 

Is there a way to update cmi.interactions.x.id within Storyline? I'd love to have the pre-test version and knowledge check version more clearly delineated.

Here's the data I have for one interaction:

cmi.interactions.24.objectives.0.success_status: unknown

cmi.interactions.24.objectives.0.completion_status: unknown

cmi.interactions.24.objectives.0.id: Course Name

cmi.interactions.24.timestamp: 2024-09-10T11:00:13.0-04>

cmi.interactions.25.id: Scene18_Slide10_MultiResponse_0_0

cmi.interactions.25.type: choice

• Hi RobertLoverin-f I haven't come across a way on the forums to change this information. Completely agree that the data isn't very useful in isolation like this, as it does not include the question in the ID. I know in the past I have always used the ID to include as much of the question as possible for reporting purposes, but there really isn't an easy way to achieve this in Storyline.

It would be possible, but you would have to include script in your project to intercept the calls to the SCORM API and then replace the interaction IDs with a value you have defined, for example:

cont scormIdMatrix = {
    "Scene18_Slide10_MultiResponse_0_0" : "which_is_the_largest_continent_in_the_world",
    "Scene18_Slide11_MultiResponse_0_0" : "which_of_the_following_cities_is_the_capital_of_australia",
    }

Not impossible, but could be a maintenance issue, for example if a question changes location, it's interaction ID is likely to change.

If you have JavaScript developers within your organisation they would be able to help you out with this. If not, and it's an important issue, I'd be happy to chat more and give you an idea of cost.

RobertLoverin-f
      Community Member

Thanks Sam. I don't think I'm ready to manually manipulate SCORM packages or find someone that can script this each time.