Forum Discussion

RyanSchwartz
Community Member
7 years ago

Does Articulate have any plans to make a Mac OS compatible version of Storyline?

Or any other products?

• Hi Ryan! 

I'm sorry to say, there isn't a native Mac version of Storyline on our roadmap. The vast majority of our customers use Windows and web-based authoring tools that don’t depend on a particular operating system. And we're focused on developing features that have the widest impact.

For example, Articulate 360 subscribers can use Rise to create courses right in their web browsers, and we’re continually updating Rise with new features. So Rise, can be used natively on a Mac. It’s web-based and is supported in all modern web browsers. Watch this video introduction to learn more.

We’ve also introduced Peek for Mac, a native screen-recording app for Mac. Watch this video for an overview.

Other web-based experiences in Articulate 360 (Content Library, Articulate Review, and Articulate Live) are supported in all modern web browsers for Mac and Windows computers.

Any content you create with Articulate 360 apps can be viewed on Mac computers. 

Hope that helps, and if you haven't done so yet, take a look at the trial of Articulate 360 here! 

AdamWells
      Community Member

Hi Ashley

I have made some comments below, but I would just like to add that in a large industrial company and military organizations, installing other products (as mentioned) on to our thousands of machines is just not an option.

Regards Adam