Forum Discussion

Tristanr-0c9fd0
Community Member
2 months ago

Restcricted menu does not actualize when my module is restarted

Hello,

I have a 6 modules fomration with restcricted menu but when the player click on restart the module, it does not actualize so the menu is free to navigate therefore i'll like it to be restricted like it does...

Could you help me ?

Thanks a lot.

• When a Storyline project has restricted navigation, the user cannot click on the built-in Menu to advance to a new slide. The Menu can click on the Menu to return to any previously viewed slide. 

What happens when a user exits a course and then returns to it depends on the Player's Resume settings (https://community.articulate.com/series/articulate-storyline-360/articles/articulate-storyline-360-user-guide-how-to-change-the-resume-behavior ).

If you use restricted navigation and use the "Never resume" option, the course should reset to a fully restricted Menu if the learner exits the course and then returns to it. 

However, I don't think that's a good option. A learner might go through part of a course, and then need to exit before completing. In such cases, they shouldn't be forced to repeat parts of the course.

Patchou
      Community Member

Hello,

Thank you for your answer it is very helpfull. 

The problem is solved for me and I understand more how the menu behavior works.

However, I don't think that's a good option. A learner might go through part of a course, and then need to exit before completing. In such cases, they shouldn't be forced to repeat parts of the course.

Yeah good point but the client want it like that soo :)

Have a nice day,