Forum Discussion

NICODOZOU
Community Member
12 months ago

Drag and drop: incorrect answer... while it's correct

Hi everybody,

Thanks to the community, I now have an almost completely functional drag-and-drop slide.

In short: there are 3 answers, and each one must be dragged onto a designated dropping zone (totaling 3 dropping zones).

Initially, I wanted to display a specific layer ("Non-valid Answer") if a user clicked the Submit button without first moving each answer onto a dropping zone. However, the implementation wasn't perfect.
For instance, if I dropped Answer 1 onto Zone 1, and Answer 2 onto Zone 2, then replaced Answer 2 with Answer 3, Storyline considered that I had moved all three answers. Although this is technically true, Answer 2 had returned to its original position and was no longer on a dropping zone. As a result, clicking on the Submit button showed the "Wrong Answer" layer, when it should have displayed the "Non-valid Answer" layer, since Answer 2 was not on a dropping zone.

Then, Walt from the community provided the attached file that fixed the initial problem (using motion paths) but introduced a new one.
Again, let's say I drop Answer 1 onto Zone 1, Answer 2 onto Zone 2, and Answer 3 onto Zone 3. If I then decide to switch Answer 1 and Answer 2, I move Answer 2 from Zone 2 to Zone 1. This action causes Answer 1 to return to its original position, which is great.
After that, I move Answer 1 from its original position to Zone 2. Now, I have Answer 2 in Zone 1, Answer 1 in Zone 2, and Answer 3 in Zone 3, which is the correct order. However, when I click the Submit button, the "Wrong Answer" layer still appears.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks a lot.

• Hello NICO DOZOU, I guess you're using custom built states and triggers to change the state of the drag objects. Try using the default states and see if you can overcome the issue.

Also Add value to the SCORE when the drag objects are dropped correct is not working.