Forum Discussion

TSwenson85
Community Member
22 days ago

Drop shadow appearing on text in caption boxes during slide preview (Storyline)

Hello all,

I am using caption boxes (not closed captions, but caption "shapes" with text). When I'm editing the text looks fine, but when I preview the slide a drop shadow appears on the text. I can't find anywhere to turn this off. Since it only appears during preview (and there's no shadow while I'm editing) could this indicate a bug? I am using the most recent version of Storyline on Windows 10.

Thanks

• Hi Tara,

Happy to help! I understand that you see a drop shadow in caption boxes during preview, but not in edit mode.

I ran some tests using the attached project file and fortunately that behavior did not happen. There was a shadow both in edit and preview mode.

Can you replicate the problem in a new Storyline course? If not would you be willing to share the affected project file with us here or privately through a support case? You can reach out to our Customer Support Engineers via a support case using the link below.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

TSwenson85
      Community Member

Hi Eric, thanks for the quick response. While putting together an example story to share with you, I realized the issue - the captions are set to have a drop shadow on the caption text by default apparently, and the icon to switch them off is the 's' icon beneath the font selector at the top. Since I never use drop shadows, and had never used that button/icon, I didn't know to look there (I was looking in the various menus for something along the lines of 'text formatting' or 'drop shadows' - didn't think to look for a symbol). So, I am now able to figure out how to turn the shadows off. Thanks for the prompt!