Forum Discussion

MeaghanAnder808
Community Member
7 years ago

Engage interaction in storyline

Hi All

Is there a way to have an engage interaction imported into storyline start without users having to hit the play button? I have played with the settings and can't get this to not happen. 

Thanks!

• Hi, Karl.

Thank you for reaching out! I see you opened a support case, and you're working with my teammate Darrell, who logged as a possible bug in update 50. 

I want to share some information on how we tackle bugs,  and we’ll let you know as soon as we have an update on this issue.

• I have an open/working case (02703078) on this issue as well. It does not happen in IE or Edge that I have seen in my implementation, only Chrome. I am using IE win10-1909, Edge v88, and Chrome 89, and same version of SL as you reported. I did try some JS code to attempt to get this to work but to no avail. 

I do know Chrome since v66 has implemented a security feature to prevent autorunning of some content, and this seems to be the issue. It was noted as fixed in a previous SL update, but Chrome/Google can update faster than Articulate can keep up with them. It's not really an issue at my company, as Edge is the de-facto browser, although Chrome is an option. I did add some text noting to click the play button if it shows. 

Maria: The solution seems to me that it would be an opportunity add the Engage functionality into SL proper as an option. Most of the old Quizmaker operations are already part of SL360, so why not Engage functionality for full HTML5 output? I hope that is coming in a larger major release of SL soon.