Forum Discussion

EllenWhite-be89
Community Member
3 months ago

Exit Course Button in Web Publish

I am using an "Exit course" button in a Storyline module that is published for the web. When I move the file to a web server, it does not close the browser window (which is what happens in a local file). I saw one suggestion to use the "launch in a new window" function in the player and it still doesn't work. Suggestions?

• I'm having this exact same issue.

I even have a bunch of modules where this previously worked fine (and the published files are still online and still work). I've been testing and tried publishing these same old Articulate files again (which all previously had working Exit buttons) but the new published code now no longer closes the browser window when the Exit button is pressed.

Seems odd, maybe something in the last Articulate software update has changed this?

• Hi Ellen and Andrew,

Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear you're both experiencing this issue!

Have you reviewed the possible reasons in this article? If you're using the most up-to-date version of Storyline 360, and the issue persists, would you be willing to share your file with our team so we can do some further testing? You can upload those here or privately in a support case.