Forum Discussion

EstelleGattlen
Community Member
3 years ago

Free trial - I can't delete any layer

Hi!

I just started to dive into Storyline and I have a first problem. Really basic one. I can't delete any layers. The trash icon is light grey, like if it was locked. I can't press on it. When I press "delete" on the keyboard, it doesn't work. Could it be because I have a trial version? 

Thanks,

E.

• Hi Estelle,

Welcome to the E-Learning Heroes community! ✨

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue when working with layers. I'm happy to help troubleshoot!

• How many layers do you have? In my example, the trash can is greyed out when I select the base layer. If you select the second or third layer, are you still unable to delete those?

• Are you working from your local drive? Working from a network drive can cause erratic behavior.

If you need additional assistance, please feel free to upload your project here or privately in a support case so we can investigate further! We will delete it from our systems once troubleshooting is complete.

• Estelle,

It has nothing to do with the trial version. The trial version is the same software we all have, except when it expires. When you start it, it checks in with the Articulate bookkeepers, and if you don't have a current subscription, it won't start.