Forum Discussion

DavidPrice
Community Member
12 years ago

Gamifying a company induction

Hi, I am after a little advise and pointing in the right direction.

I currently look after a 3 week induction for my company that on-boards new hires into a Technical Support role.  Currently the 3 week induction content is boring, dis-jointed, etc, basically it just doesn't hit the mark and knowledge retention is low.

I have put together a new plan that will reduce the amount of information we are giving the new hires and only giving them what they need.  This in turn has reduced the amount of time the course runs for to just over 2 weeks.

The problem I have is tying it all together and making it flow as one course made up of several modules.  I have decided to implement some gamification techniques and want to put a travel theme into it where the new hire travels to different places in the world and learns different things, which keeping a virtual log of what they do, etc.

So the question is how do I implement all this.  I have been been researching gamification and on-boarding processes for some time now but all of the resources I find (especially with gamification) are all targeted at marketing techniques, bringing in new customers, etc, I can find very little resources on enterprise gamification (if that's the correct thing to call it), that demonstrates how gamification is implemented in a work environment.  Can anyone suggest any resources that would be useful to pull on?

Thanks

Dave

VeeruSingh
    Community Member

Thanks to all! Even I was facing he same problem as David...I too find it helpful.

By the way, I need some links wherein I can see variety of online games and their concepts. Do antone of you know such links? I have not played online games except snake games and early bird..to be very frank. So I always want to have a look on some repository kind of links where variety of online games are described with at least one pic for each.

VeeruSingh
    Community Member

SOrry for typos

By the way, I need some links wherein I can see variety of online games and their concepts. Do anyone of you know such links? I have not played online games except snake games and angry bird..to be very frank. So I always want to have a look on some repository kind of links where variety of online games are described with at least one pic for each.

• Hi David,  I hope your game design went well in the end! Would you mind sharing your copy with me?

• Actually, I've just remembered something I've used in the past ...

... scattered "easter eggs" throughout a module ... learner clicks to learn a random "fun" fact about the organisation.

At the end ...

• "Well done you spotted X out of Y fun facts. Do you want to go back and see if you can find more?"
    • "Well done you spotted ALL Y fun facts. Do you want to do a fun Quiz?"