Forum Discussion

Lina-MyreeThomp
Community Member
8 months ago

Grading multiple quizes in 360

I have a course that 6 lightboxes with refresher questions from a previous course, then the user choses a new topic and that has a question bank drawing 20 random questions. I need to create a final results slide at the end of the six branches that combines that quiz with the litebox refresher quiz the user picked. Since it is up to the user pick their intial quiz I don't know which one to include in the combined results. I'm thinking I can add all the refresher quizes to it but I don't know if their score will be driven down if they only take one of the 6. Please helpp :)

• Hi Lina-Myree,

It sounds like you are basically trying to combine the scores of two different quizzes. The first quiz is a refresher quiz and the 2nd quiz is a topic quiz. It sounds like you don't know which refresher quiz the student will take, but you do know the 2nd quiz they will take.

Therefore, the problem is getting the score from the first unknown quiz in order to be able to add it to the 2nd known quiz.

I would try to create a variable for the 1st refresher quiz score, no matter which refresher quiz is chosen. Let's call it "RefresherScore".

If you have a quiz score from each of the Refresher quizzes, then there should be a quiz score variable for each of them. If the first refresher quiz is called "Quiz1," then the variable will probably be called "Quiz1.ScorePoints." Subsequently, there would be 5 more variables for the remaining five refresher quizzes. Each variable would record the total number of points for the specific quiz to which it is assigned.

Then, I would put a trigger on the Results slide for the 1st Refresher quiz. The trigger would say, Adjust Variable, Set RefresherScore to variable Quiz1.ScorePoints, when the timeline starts on this slide. Then move the trigger to the top of the trigger order to make sure it is executed first. This trigger will change the Refresher Score variable to equal the same amount of points as the Refresher Quiz 1 score.  (See attached image)

Then, I would repeat the last step and put the same trigger on the Results slide for each of the 5 remaining refresher quizzes. This would allow the RefresherScore variable to be set to whatever the quize score points were, no matter which refresher quiz was taken.

Then, you could have a final slide that adds the results of the RefresherScore variable to the variable of the 2nd known quiz to display a final total.