Forum Discussion

OrianneOrlowski
Community Member
3 months ago

Help finding the .story file

Hello everyone,
I can no longer find my .story file for my module. I have the zipped publication file to be integrated into my lms but I can't find the linked .story file on which I need to make modifications.
is it possible to find or regenerate the .story file from the zipped file? Thanks for your help

• Hi Orianne,

Try asking your IT staff to help you search for all files that have a *.story file extension saved on your machine. If you are unable to locate the file, try checking your temp folder to see if an older version of the course is still saved there. Here's how: 

1) Open this folder in Windows Explorer: %appdata%\Articulate\Storyline

2) Scan the contents of this folder for a file that starts with the name of your project. If you find one, copy it to your desktop. If you find more than one, copy the latest version to your desktop.

3) Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story.

4) Double-click the file to open it in Storyline.

Hope this helps!

OrianneOrlowski
      Community Member

Thank you !!

Orianne ORLOWSKI

Responsable Training Center | Training Center Manager

Alstef Group

T. +33 (0)2 99 85 11 00 | M. +33 (0)6 37 76 21 11

orianne.orlowski@alstefgroup.com

9 route de Chavagne | BP 36 | FR 35310 Mordelles - FRANCE

[A blue and black logo Description automatically generated with low confidence]

[A blue and white square with a play button Description automatically generated with low confidence]

[A blue square with a white letter f on it Description automatically generated with medium confidence]

[A blue square with a white bird in it Description automatically generated with medium confidence]

[Une image contenant texte, intérieur, capture d'écran, panorama Description générée automatiquement]

• The Story file would not be in the zipped folder.  That file would be somewhere else.

• Hi Orianne, 

It looks like part of your email signature came through when you replied via email. You can remove that if needed by clicking ‘Edit’ beneath your response. Here’s a quick Peek video if you need help.

Have a great afternoon!