Forum Discussion

TinaDean-6681e4
Community Member
2 years ago

Hide Borders in table

Hi folks,

I'm trying to use a table to get around the fact that you can't do alpha lists in Rise, only numeric, by creating a table. However, I can't see any way of completely turning off the borders, which is defeating the purpose at the moment.

Can anyone tell me if there is such a way, please?

PhilFoss
    Community Member

Tina, sounds like a clever workaround to create a numeric list. There is no built-in way to remove the table cell borders, but you can do it with your browser's debug tool. This issue actually goes back several years, I'm glad you posted so I made this video that explains the 'trick.'

• Phil, thank you SO much for taking the time to do this! I have been able to duplicate your results, and saved it as a template for future.

I am so grateful to you for this!

• Create a table in Microsoft Word
    • Change its border colour to the background colour of the block / theme e.g. white
    • Copy and paste into a text block

Note: Borders still there and will show up if cell background colours have been applied.

• The fact that this works is very disconcerting. I thought surely, how can the data from modifcations to the DOM in dev tools be saved back into Rise database??? but it does.... this is a mojor secutiry risk for Articulate though!

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hello TLH Developers,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I opened a support case on your behalf so our support engineers can review your concern. Your case is in good hands, and someone will reach out to you shortly with the results of our findings.

FelixFranke
    Community Member

Let's hope that they don't close this hack 😂

I agree that it may be a potential security issue, but it is indeed useful for us designers.

AlexFuller
      Community Member

Agree. Hey Articulate, why not, while you're fixing the security issue, also give us the option to remove cell borders?? (:

• ONE day, Articulate will provide "advanced features" that allow you to modify the CODE...(never).

There are still issues I've seen posted 7 years back they are "still working on" (ignoring)