Forum Discussion

KatStefko
Community Member
20 days ago

Rise 360 Table Padding Reset

I have been using Microsoft Word to create tables and then copy/pasting them into Rise for years because that was the only way to get decent spacing and padding. Very recently, it looks like Rise put an update through and now all of my tables have way too much padding and they look terrible. Is there a way to get them all back to how they were before? It looks like the Word trick no longer works for me. These tables are a very important part of these courses and now their formatting is awful. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you.

• Haven't found a workaround. The page inspector tricks we've all come to rely on no longer work.

You are pretty much stuffed, they have changed their editor to be more ungainly and shuffled things like table padding into the Format menu (if you have a table block rather than inserting a table into text). You'll probably only use the table block from now on, since their new tooltip covers the insert button anyway and makes it unclickable.

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/074094d8-7e3e-40fe-831a-fe8d5069b858/review 

Will have to come up with another totally new set of workarounds to the frustrating limitations.

PhilFoss
    Community Member

I haven't tested table formatting with the new editor, but this would be due to the new text editor that Rise has switched to, I've noticed a few differences making it not quite a 'seamless' upgrade for some users. Can you share a screenshot of what your tables look like now, and what they used to look like?

KatStefko
    Community Member

Thank you for responding.  I've uploaded an example of how they looked prior to this update and how they're appearing now. 

KarlMuller
      Community Member

They have stripped out all MS Table properties not directly supported by the Rise table editor.

Tim_
    Community Member

Haven't found a workaround. The page inspector tricks we've all come to rely on no longer work.

You are pretty much stuffed, they have changed their editor to be more ungainly and shuffled things like table padding into the Format menu (if you have a table block rather than inserting a table into text). You'll probably only use the table block from now on, since their new tooltip covers the insert button anyway and makes it unclickable.

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/074094d8-7e3e-40fe-831a-fe8d5069b858/review 

Will have to come up with another totally new set of workarounds to the frustrating limitations.

PhilFoss
      Community Member

Who needs QA when you've got superusers like Tim_ and Karl.

KatStefko
    Community Member

Thank you everyone! Your feedback is much appreciated. I will work on figuring out what we'll use instead.