Forum Discussion

LaurenBeeson
Community Member
4 months ago

Hotspot Grades Question

I know that articulate released some new accessibility updates, including making the hotspot-graded question accessible. Still, I noticed that when you select the hotspot you would like to choose as the answer, there is no "selected" alt text to tell the user which of the answers they have chosen. Is there a way to add this alt text? 

Also, is there a way to change the color and shape of the automatic hotspot (the black-and-white spinning circle)? It is pretty small. 

• Hi Lauren,

Thanks for reaching out!

Hotspots don't have states because they are invisible to learners, but this doesn't mean they aren't accessible. You can specify the alternative text for hotspots in the slide's focus order, shown here:

You can check out this article to learn more about the accessibility of Slide Content in Storyline 360.

As for changing the appearance of the hotspot indicator, we're working on a feature request to allow authors to customize its appearance. I've added this ELH post to the feature request, and we'll let you know as soon as soon as it makes it to our product roadmap!