Forum Discussion

AhmedGendya
Community Member
2 years ago

How to transfer user inputs to an LRS?

Hi All, 

I am wondering if there is a way insider Storyline or maybe a JS code that enables me to transfer users' inputs/solutions to an LRS? 

Note: I have published my courses to AWS, so I chose publish for Web. 

Any advice? 

Thank you!

• Have you tried publish to LMS and then xAPI and point to your LRS?

AhmedGendya
    Community Member

I have just tried publishing to LMS, and input the LRS details, but I did not see results on my LRS. 

There is something lost, I think. How can I link my internal work to the LRS. For example, suppose that I want to transfer the drag and drop results, or some text inputs to the LRS, what shall I do inside the Storyline slides? 

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hello Ahmed, 

Happy to help!

Publishing to LRS requires you to use the "LMS / LRS" publishing option when you publish your course. Publishing to web won't be able to capture your learner's quiz results because web servers do not have any reporting functionality. Please follow the instructions here to properly publish your course for LRS distribution:

Let me know if you run into any questions along the way!

AhmedGendya
        Community Member

Hello Joy, 

Thanks for your reply and for sharing this interesting topic with me. 

Let me share with you my main inquiry. Suppose I have a drag and drop activity, or a text entry box activity, can I program anything inside Storyline to export the results to an LRS system? 

Thank you :) 

AhmedGendya
    Community Member

Hi Joe, 

Thank you so much for sharing these resources with me. I will read them carefully and figure out if they contain answers to my thoughts. 

Thanks again .. will be back :)