Forum Discussion

TristanDF
Community Member
18 days ago

How to trigger complete and passed restriction on Moodle

Hi

I have a quiz built in Storyline set to sync the score to the LMS.

The next post is a certificate that will only display once the SCORM file is marked complete and passed (The only option available to include passing)

The user can complete the quiz, get a score, the score syncs to the grade book and the activity is marked as complete.

However the next post remains locked as complete and passed has not been met.

I have tried a multitude of options after reading other threads on the Moodle forums and no matter what i cannot get the completion to trigger on the next post. 

The feedback i have received is that the issue is coming from my Storyline quiz. I do have a trigger setting the state to completed/passed if the score is above 50%.

Could someone share their Storyline export settings and SCORM activity settings if they have this working on the LMS please? Any suggestions appreciated. 

• Hi, TristanDF,

Thanks for reaching out and detailing what you're experiencing.

First, I'd like to confirm if you've tested your course in SCORM Cloud. If the course works as expected there, the issue is related to your LMS. If not, it's likely a setting in your course that's causing the issue. We'd be happy to take a closer look for you. You can upload your project here or privately in a support case and we'll delete it from our systems once troubleshooting is complete!

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hello @Samukelisiwe853 

I tested your course in SCORM Cloud and tracked completion using the complete course trigger and the Completed/Passed option. The LMS recorded the complete and passed status shown below, which would satisfy the criteria you were looking for in your LMS. 

Since the issue might be with how your LMS interprets the data, can you try to place the complete course trigger above the submit results trigger to allow it to trigger first? Since you're tracking multiple completion criteria, giving priority to the complete course trigger might send the Completed/Passed first to your LMS, addressing the issue. Here's how:

If this doesn't work, please open a case with our support team here so we can explore other options for you.