Forum Discussion

jasonforrester
Community Member
2 years ago

iframe - embed media function.

Hi 

When I go to use this function it pops up as a download file instead of the embedded media. How do I fix this? Any help is appreciated.  Below is the coding I'm using (Start and finish) 

<iframe src="https://articulateusercontent.com/rise/courses/                            .pdf"></iframe>

• Good news, Jason! We fixed the issue where embedding the Attachment block an using iFrame would download the PDF file.

Please have a look at your embedded PDF file, and let us know if you have any further trouble with this! 

• Hi Jason!

It looks like you are using the URL of a PDF file you uploaded in an Attachment block in an iFrame code in your Embed block.

We've noticed a behavior change when clicking an Attachment block, where the PDF file gets downloaded instead of being opened in a new browser tab. This seems related to the issue you reported where embedding the Attachment block (using iFrame) also downloads the PDF file.

We've shared this with our team, and we'll keep this thread posted on any updates that can help!

In the meantime, here are some of the workarounds that you can try:

1. Use the direct URL of the Attachment block when embedding the PDF file (don't use an iFrame code).
    2. Upload the PDF file to another web server, and use the URL in the iFrame code in the Embed block.
    3. Publish the Rise 360 course with the Attachment block to Review 360. In the published Review 360 course, get the URL of the Attachment block (right-click, Copy link address), then use this URL in the iFrame code in an Embed block in Rise.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or clarifications!

jasonforrester
      Community Member

Hi,

Previously workaround was to upload a PDF file as an attachment in rise. Copied the link and added it into a multimedia embed file, that displayed as a PDF formatted form.  This solution was found previously on this forum, is there another workaround still allowing us to display a PDF form? 

Thanks for any assitance. 

• Good news, Jason! We fixed the issue where embedding the Attachment block an using iFrame would download the PDF file.

Please have a look at your embedded PDF file, and let us know if you have any further trouble with this!